The Director, Client Services reporting directly to the Senior Director, Client Services, will be responsible for supporting the Senior Director in developing and maintaining consistently high quality support care services to our supportive housing and assigned community services clients located within Toronto in accordance with Accreditation Canada standards. The Director will provide leadership functions including client needs assessments and client & staff relations management. Duties include, but are not limited to, staff development, performance management and quality monitoring of support services consistent with related service agreements and governing collective agreements while ensuring the health and security of clients and staff.
- Direct supervision of the Support Services and Clerical Support positions while maintaining overall responsibility for all direct service worker positions, including performance management.
- Identify on-going staffing requirements and develop implementation plans related to those requirements in accordance with policy, collective agreement terms and operational plan requirements
- Ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate client support services are consistent with Service Agreements, health and security of clients and staff in a manner consistent with the policies and philosophy of the organization, and within established budgets and controls.
- Coordinate with all relevant management & staff towards ensuring the provision of transitional and independent living programming via assigned staff in accordance with program guidelines and client goals and objectives.
- Ensure an effective system for the review, assessment and updating of service requirements and related documentation.
- Implement, in support of our continuous quality improvement programs, an effective system for the review, assessment and updating of operational services consistent with organization wide initiatives.
- Lead the development and management of quality support services, including policies, goals and objectives to ensure consistent application of organization wide policy initiatives such as quality improvement.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing diploma from a recognized accredited university, preferred
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College Nurse of Ontario, preferred
- Demonstrated management experience with responsibility for client service and client/staff relations functions within a health care or social services environment
- Previous experience with continuous quality improvement processes preferably supported by formal accreditation experience;
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Excel and related MS Office software ideally with previous experience in MS SharePoint data management systems;
- Demonstrated sound communication, both verbal and written, as well as positive interpersonal skills;
- A self-directed individual with a proven track record of achievement and demonstrated ability to problem-solve within assigned responsibilities.
- Previous health care or social services facility property management experience with demonstrated knowledge of related legislation including Fire Code, Building Code and Occupational Health & Safety Act, an asset;
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills within a leading healthcare sector organization.