Bellwoods Centres For Community Living Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit organization providing community based and client needs based support services, including independent living education programs for people with physical disabilities.
Based at our head office at Don Valley Parkway and Eglinton, the HR Generalist will be providing professional and administrative support to the Human Resources Department reporting directly to Senior Human Resources Generalist. Responsibilities include, though are not limited to:
- Assisting with recruitment and selection activities by posting internal and external job advertisements, preparing interviewing materials, conducting interviews, checking candidate references, evaluating credentials, responding to general inquiries, and processing new hire documentation.
- Conducting new employee onboarding by providing orientation materials and coordinating information with HR department, Information Technology (IT) department, operational supervisors and Scheduling department
- Coordinating organizational training sessions by conducting annual needs analysis, researching external providers, communicating information to involved departments and administering training budgets
- Promoting Health & Safety in the workplace and monitoring compliance with OHSA Section 28
- Developing Human Resources Reports both ongoing and ad-hoc.
- Coordinating various programs and projects within the department
- Assisting with day to day employee requests and HR related queries
- Assisting with daily administration tasks such as records management and data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management.
- Recognized CHRP designation, an asset
- Familiarity with all related legislation including but not limited to E.S.A., Labour Relation Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, W.S.I.B., Regulated Health Professions Act and E.I. Act
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills- both oral & written
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Previous office experience including demonstrated advanced MS Office software knowledge – especially with Word & Excel applications
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills in a management role within a leading healthcare sector organization.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.