Bellwoods Centres for Community Living Inc. is a charitable, not-for-profit organization providing community based, client directed support services, assisted living housing and independent living education programs for people with physical disabilities.
The Referral Coordinator, reporting directly to the Manager, Centralized Referral Management Team, will be responsible for facilitating the transition of patients from hospital to community.
- Provide telephone support/education to hospital staff involved with discharge planning and community based Health Service Providers (HSP)
- Process and match program applications based on applicant need and HSP scope of care and occupancy availability
- Manage confidential client records
- Enter, update and maintain high volumes of applicant data into online database
- Complete additional daily administrative tasks, as required
- Degree in Social Work, Social Services or related health care/social service background
- Knowledge and experience with discharge planning of patients moving from hospital to community
- Working knowledge of community housing and support services provided by Community Support Sector as well as Local Health Integration Network Home and Community Care
- Demonstrated advanced MS Office software knowledge. Experience with MS SharePoint, an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team, problem solve and set priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, both written and verbal, to ensure effective interaction with partners
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail as well as the ability to take initiative
This is a great opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to broaden their scope of responsibilities and more fully utilize their skills within a leading healthcare sector organization.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.