Position:The Director, Client Services reporting directly to the Vice President, Client Services, will be responsible for supporting the VP in developing and maintaining consistently high quality support care services to our supportive housing and assigned community services clients located within Toronto in accordance with Accreditation Canada standards. The Director will provide leadership functions including client needs assessments and client & staff relations management. Duties include, but are not limited to, staff development, performance management and quality monitoring of support services consistent with related service agreements and governing collective agreements while ensuring the health and security of clients and staff.
- Direct supervision of the Support Services and Clerical Support positions while maintaining overall responsibility for all direct service worker positions, including performance management.
- Identify on-going staffing requirements and develop implementation plans related to those requirements in accordance with policy, collective agreement terms and operational plan requirements
- Ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate client support services are consistent with Service Agreements, health and security of clients and staff in a manner consistent with the policies and philosophy of the organization, and within established budgets and controls.
- Ensure an effective system for the review, assessment and updating of service requirements and related documentation.
- Implement, in support of our continuous quality improvement programs, an effective system for the review, assessment and updating of operational services consistent with organization wide initiatives.
- Lead the development and management of quality support services, including policies, goals and objectives to ensure consistent application of organization wide policy initiatives such as quality improvement.
- Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Social Services or related health care/social service background;
- Demonstrated management experience with responsibility for client service and client/staff relations functions within a health care or social services environment;
- Previous experience with continuous quality improvement processes preferably supported by formal accreditation experience;
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Excel and related MS Office software ideally with previous experience in MS SharePoint data management systems;
- Demonstrated sound communication, both verbal and written, as well as positive interpersonal skills;
- A self-directed individual with a proven track record of achievement and demonstrated ability to problem-solve within assigned responsibilities.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: