Job Summary: Bellwoods provides pre-booked personal support services for individuals with physical disabilities living in the community. These services can be provided in the client’s home, place of employment, and/or educational institution, where clients are pursuing a degree, diploma or certificate. Bellwoods provides personal support services to people 16 years of age and older, living in their homes, who have a permanent physical disability and require assistance with their activities of daily living. Services are available throughout the Toronto Area, between the hours of 6:00 am and 12:00 midnight for up to 3 hours per day in the community and 24/7 in our supportive housing locations, and on a pre-scheduled visitation basis.
Duties/Responsibilities: Our community support services are client-directed and our SSW’s assist clients to carry out their activities of daily living as outlined in an individual support service agreement and individual service plan. Our SSWs provide services such as:
- personal grooming and hygiene
- rising and retiring
- positioning and transferring
- dressing and undressing
- light meal preparation
- Completed Personal Support Worker certificate required.
- Eligible candidates must be able to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Related work experience, within the community, with adults with physical disabilities an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated capability to fulfill the physical demands and time availability requirements of the position
- All applicants must be available to work weekends.
Bellwoods is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices for applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org