About Us – Innovating Independence
What We Believe In
We envision a future where barriers do not exist.
Transforming lives through excellence and innovation in Independent Living.
- Client & family centred services
- Delivering high quality programs
- Building collaborations & partnerships
- Performance excellence
- Ensuring staff are valued, engaged & supported
Our Partners Include:
- Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN)
- Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre (TC CCAC)
- Hospitals – acute, rehabilitation, complex continuing care
- Community Support Services
- Other partners supporting shared clients and initiatives
- City of Toronto
- Government of Ontario
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- First National Financial LP
- St. Clare’s Multifaith Housing Society
- Mahogany Management
Funding for Bellwoods has been provided by the: Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN) , Government of Ontario, City of Toronto, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) , and First National Financial LP.
Bellwoods Centres Accredited with Exemplary Standing
Following a comprehensive self-assessment period of more than a year, Bellwoods welcomed the Accreditation Canada peer surveyors on site for a three-day visit from May 28-31, 2018. The surveyors assessed Bellwoods’ leadership, governance, clinical programs and services against national standards of excellence and required safety practices, including important areas such as work environment, client safety culture and client experience. Building on our achievements from 2013, Bellwoods was proud to receive Accreditation Canada’s highest designation for the second time: Accredited with Exemplary Standing. This four-year designation is awarded to organizations that have met or exceeded all Quality Standards and Required Organizational Practices (ROP) for Safety. Bellwoods met every Standard and ROP in each of the eight Quality Dimensions (see table below).